An unusual pairing of ricotta and spinach-stuffed ravioli bathed in a brilliant golden orange butter sauce has been a mainstay on the menu at Peppercorn’s Grill since 1989.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- Zest of 1 orange, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon Pecorino cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- 2 leaves fresh sage
- 4 tablespoons butter
To make pasta: Put flour and salt in a mixing bowl, and make a well in the center. Add eggs, and mix with a fork or by hand to make a soft dough. (Dough also can be mixed with an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.) Roll out dough by hand on a floured surface or with a pasta machine to make a thin, flat rectangle. (If it is easier to work with smaller pieces of dough, divide the dough in half.) Cover with a cloth until ready to assemble ravioli.